You've probably never heard so much complaining about heat from someone in SD but seriously, this is crazy. Today the high is 105. We spent the morning at the beach. It was the most beautiful day at the beach I have seen. (I'm pretty sure I think that everytime I go to the beach -- but really today was great). The waves were really big and clear. The water was cool and refreshing. It was great.
Today would have been my Mom's 50th birthday. It is weird to think of her as being 50 since she never even turned 42 before she died. 50 sounds old and 42 sounds younger (as I get older). I wonder what we'd be doing today if she were around. I am planning a little brunch/party with some of her friends to celebrate her birthday and just to have the chance to see them all. It will be in a couple of weeks. I haven't gotten invitations out but will do so either tonight or tomorrow, I hope. I am glad I didn't plan it for this week because it is too hot to have people over to my house.
4 comments:
there was a story on CNN about the heat in CA, just be thankful you still have air conditioning (right)? it seems many are w/o power over there!
I know what you mean about ages. Rebekah would have been 31 last May. It's so weird to try and picture her that old.
I think your party idea is wonderful. Have fun!
That's really wonderful, Denise, to celebrate your mom. I can't wait to hear about.
What a great idea Denise. I am sure her friends would love to see you and the kids! Let us know how it goes and I too hope fall weather starts soon!
Post a Comment