Thursday, September 13, 2007

Grocery Store Grump

Yesterday we had a little run-in with a guy in the grocery store. Calvin and I were looking at the singing hallmark cards and clare was smelling candles next to us. The kids were actually pretty well behaved for the moment. ( and we have had some real bad moments this week in other stores/ public places). Anyway, clare bumped our cart which in turn bumped the guy standing behind her (he was also looking at cards). He turned around and said to me "can you control your children. If you're going to bring your kids into the store you need to control them" It appeared that his temper was barely under control. I was so shocked that he was upset because really the kids were being fine. So I said, "okay" but didn't really do anything. The lady sanding next to me turned around and told the guy that "she's just little" (referring to clare). He told her that he didn't "appreciate being annoyed by other people's kids." She told him that if he felt this way he should probably leave until we were all done looking at cards. He said he was going to customer service to report my kids and she offered to accompany him to the front of the store. Then he huffed and puffed and went back to reading his cards. It thought it was funny that he was so riled up about it all. I think we was probably just annoyed by listening to 3 different singing cards at once, but that was just because there were three of us (the lady, me and Calvin) all reading separate cards. Calvin was putting each card right back where it came from after he listened to it. Clare (for once) wasn't throwing cards all over the floor. Anyway, I also got a kick out of the lady who stood up for us. She was probably more upset than I was though I admit it hurt my feelings to be yelled at for having such annoying kids. It also made me appreciate all the other times when the kids really have been HORRIBLE and nobody has said anything about it.

oh, and if you haven't seen all those singing cards, you should check them out! They are pretty fun!

1 comment:

lisa h. said...

well good thing you didn't say too much-you never know who is a nut job ya know!

i can't believe someone would say that though, i'm sure it ruined your trip to the store.