Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Quick Quotes

From Calvin:
"Mom, I'm going to name my cat Evan" ( he doesn't have a cat and dave doesn't have a dog)
"Dad, what are you going to name your dog? I think you should call it Calvin"


From Dave:
"hey, Denise. Calvin ate a nail this morning. Oh, and I think Clare ate one yesterday. I think it'll be fine but if they start having severe stomach pain you should proably take them to the hospital."

From Denise:
"Like Father like Son" (Referring to Calvin's SEVEN CAVITITES. He had his first trip to the dentist this week. He was very cooperative and I wish he hadn't been becuase then they wouldn't have found all the cavities.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

please make sure that Dave's quote makes it into your manuscript!

How did your party go?

Emilee said...

We had one time when a glass broke in Mimi's mouth. Her tongue was cut just a teeny bit, and John washed all the glass out of her mouth, but his parting comments to me the next morning were, "Watch her carefully for signs of abdominal discomfort. A small piece of glass could cause intestinal perforation and internal bleeding." Not exactly the phrase you want to hear. I love how matter-of-factly Dave put it.

Emilee said...

And I may have gotten the terminology wrong on my last comment. Forgive me if I did.

lisa h. said...

serious! that a lot of cavities...maybe you need a second opionion, can't trust those dentists!

lisa h. said...

wait...so really nails? anything ever happen?

i saw a gorgeous white cat at the pet shop today. if you name one evan, we'll name one calvin.

evan asked if we could invite calvin over to play. maybe he thinks i'm mad at y'all and won't invite you over anymore! i said calvin would have to fly on a plane to get to our house to play!