Dave and I went out for a while and then we went back to shore to pick up calvin. He was pretty scared as we went out past the waves but then he thought it was great. He took a turn rowing the boat and loved to see the sharks and fish. He went out alone with dave (and sat in the front seat all by himself) a couple more times thoroughout the day. He loved it! And is talking about going to do it again soon. One time when dave and Calvin were coming into shore Dave flipped the boat on a big wave and calvin went into the water. ( dave would proably want me to insert that it was not his fault the kayak flipped but as they were coming in he had to turn to avoid some people and it made the boat rock.) Calvin was a trooper about that and said the big waves were kind of scary but still wanted to go out again. I was impressed!

Very near shore was a school of 100 or more leopard sharks. They sit pretty near the sand and are completely harmless. It was amazing to sit in our little boat and see dozens below us. There were also people out snorkling and scuba diving and swimming but I would not be comforable swimming with them even though they are not the kind that bite. They range in size from 3-7 feet. It was neat!
2 comments:
Go Calvin! I'm impressed!
Yikes, I hear ya - you never know when something might want to come nibble on your toes. Looks like you guys are having fun living by the ocean, just a wee bit jealous of that!
Post a Comment