Saturday, September 1, 2007

Football Saturday!

Are you excited?!! We sure are!

Here are some of the highlights of the day (so far) . ..

Dave woke up early with Calvin and put on his OSU jersey! Calvin is also wearing an OSU shirt. Oh, how we miss Columubs on a day like today. And, OSU won. :)

Michigan lost to a AA team! CRAZY! They were ranked #5 pre season and now they'll probably drop out of the rankings. Dave wonders if they'll fire Lloyd Carr right now. He is 0-3 v. OSU the last three years which doesn't help his case at all. Plus they have all returning players, a 4th year starting QB, a RB that was a Heisman candidate . .. .they should not be losing the opening game to a AA team. It is the first time in history a AA team has beaten a ranked team. Ouch!

BYU won! I'm not as true blue as many but since we're going to the game next week (at UCLA) I hope they have a decent team so that that game isn't totally miserable. And, I hope it cools off by then. Today it is 100 degrees here at our house. That is hot for us! (we don't run AC) We are a bit inland and today there is a 15 degree difference between us and the coast. I think we'll head down to the beach later tonight to enjoy the beautiful day. In SD September is still a summer month so we have a while to wait before we start having a trend of cooler days. I will miss the Ohio fall -- weather, trees changing, and Buckeye fever! It is rumored that OSU is playing USC down here next year though it is not on the schedule. If they are coming Dave will do everything in his power to get the day off and get tickets to go (with me of course).


Speaking of football and ohio -- did you hear about the high school prank at the Hilliard Darby V. Hillard Davidson? It was pretty funny and made national news. There is a video posted on You Tube that we thought was interesting. I don't know how to insert it here, but I'll paste the link below. The thing I like about this prank is that it was well thought out and didn't hurt anyone or damage any property. The kids who planned it were still punished (of course) but I think all sports people have gotten a big kick out of it.

Here is the link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Y_AkT7PEM

Here is a link to a newspaper article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/highschool/news/story?id=2997862

4 comments:

Em said...

Oh my! That prank is freaking awesome. Pretty Clever.

USC vs. OSU next year- We want to go too!

lisa h. said...

how i miss your love of football! i felt out of place today when i went out w/ the kids and forget to get them all decked out in their OSU gear! the game wasn't broadcast on tv here though. in an odd way, it is (sorta) nice to hear to sounds of a football game coming from the tv...maybe cause it means joe is home!

lisa h. said...

i can't believe i never heard about that prank! i guess we need to get cable so we can watch espn news!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Great prank. Thanks for the link!