We went with our good friends Joseph and Tracy Larson. They live about an hour north of us. The Rose Bowl is another 90 min. north of them in Pasadena. This picture was taken right at the end of the game. you might be able to see the score board in the background. BYU lost 27 to 17. The first half was ridden with mistakes for the Y and they were down quite a bit by the half. The second half was a fun game and it was pretty close for most of the half. I though BYU played pretty well but their penalties and turnovers cost them the game.
I sure miss Columbus and Ohio State football on Saturday. The UCLA game was fun but not even comparable to an OSU game. The crowd was dead in contrast to the lively OSU stadium. Anyway, they always say there is a big difference between football out west and in the mid-west/south/east. We can see why they say that! Still, it is pretty fun to go to a game!
We hope to someday go back to the Rose Bowl for the bowl game when OSU is playing there. It happens frequently since the winner of the BIG 10 usually plays the PAC 10 winner there (unless they are in a championship game).
Thanks to my dad for getting Dave and I matching BYU shirts!
3 comments:
SO FUN! How fun to see Joseph and Tracy, too. I thought BYU might pull that game out, but we just couldn't quite do it.
Football is big here in the south, but I think these Gator fans really have no clue what "big time" football is about. We miss Columbus, too, especially during the fall!
I never quite know how to perfectly explain it, but there is just something about that Buckeye Fever! Glad to see you hook up with some old Columbus University friends.
Haley and I were just reading your blog and she recognized Tracy and Joseph Larson. They were in her sophomore year ward at BYU. Tracy lived across the hall from Haley.
Post a Comment