Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fridge update

And a story to add to my most embarassing moments. Well, we got a repairman out here this week and it turns out the fridge/freezer unit was turned off. I was pretty shocked when the guy told me that was the case since I didn't even know you could turn it off. After interviewing all the members of the household we found out that there is one person who did know about the on/off feature of the freezer and that would be Calvin. It turns out that in the freezer (which is on the bottom and perfectly eye level for calvin) if you adjust the temperature down all the way it goes to "off" and this turns off the fridge and freezer completely. So, that is it. our fridge was off for several days, ruined lots of food and then we had to pay a repair man $60 to come turn it back on for us.

I think I will start a running list of these kinds of expenses and then bill Calvin for them later.

6 comments:

I am Laura said...

Oh, man. Bummer about that. Sorry. Kids are too inquisitive.

lisa h. said...

oh calvin! well, i would never have thought it was off either! i'm sure they get called to do stuff like that all the time....i had the electric co come once for a similar thing....

Unknown said...

Kids are always showing us how smart and wonderful they are. Sorry to hear this but I'm sure a relief to know it wasn't anything more serious. Love your stories so keep sharing!

Natasha said...

Kids! Something similar happened to us recently with the garbage disposal. Apparently they have a reset switch we didn't know about. $50 later...

Cellista said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Kids sure have a way of doing things and forgetting to tell you.

Chris and Reba said...

This is too funny (albeit expensive)! I love the idea of keeping track of these funny expenses. Kids sure have a way of costing more than the diapers/formula/college fund that I imagined they would.

Thanks for the laugh--and I hope you survive the heat!