Saturday, October 16, 2010

OH-IO


This is Calvin asleep at 9:30am on our way to something last Saturday morning. He also took a nap one morning this week from about 8-9:30am and went to school late. I do not know what the reason is for him having such a difficult time being rested in the night. The sleep dr. we went to dismissed us from care last spring basically saying that everything tested normal and hoped that w/ a more relaxing summer schedule he'd work things out. I would say he slept a little better in the summer, but as I mentioned before Dan was up most nights all night so he was able to help Calvin go to the bathroom and do noise control so I didn't hear him at all. He has also fallen asleep in school one time this year and then one time the teacher told me she thought he was tired in the afternoon.

I hate to complain about trivial things, but I am telling you, it is tough to wait NEARLY EIGHT YEARS to have a child sleep through the night.....I need a break. And guess what, I am getting one!!!!

Today I am going to Ohio ALL BY MYSELF!!!

:) Bless Dave for babysitting all week and bless Dave's attending for helping schedule Dave's days off and using his miles to buy my ticket. I have never had a trip like this and I am very excited.

( and I actually caught up on my blogging so I have a few posts coming up while I'm gone!)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That's fantastic! What are you going to do while there?

I'd love to chat with you sometime about San Diego. Rick has an interview with Kaiser there and I'd love to hear your thoughts on moving there permanently.

vanessa said...

What are you going to do in OHIO? I hope to go next time Ben goes.

Pete said...

Awesome! Have fun.

Jessica Dahlquist said...

So glad you get to go. Have a great time! Enjoy the fall colors!

I am Laura said...

Have fun in Ohio!

Natasha said...

Enjoy your trip! You deserve it for SURE!!!