Friday, February 15, 2008

Today

I was going to write a post about how glasses for kids stink, but not much good will come from that....suffice it to say that I ran over Calvin's glasses today, with my car. The suburban. Cried for a while. They didn't crumble into pieces, just got mangled. They might be salvageable. We'll see. Then this evening I sat on his backup pair and broke those as well. All that was lost there was a screw so I was able to fix those already. Anyway, glasses on kids is a curse. Calvin's glasses are the bane of my mothering.

Tonight Dave ran over a skunk on our way home from a quick outing. Not a good idea. Now his car stinks. He doesn't feel bad for the skunk, just for himself and his car. About a block after the skunk he almost hit an opossum but was able to spare it! Crazy!

Today Calvin wanted to have make shark puppets and have a puppet show like in the book "if you give a moose a muffin." Here's Calvin with his puppet. You see the shark face with teeth. The fin is on the back. I love how Calvin is always coming up with such good ideas! He is such a sweet boy and I always feel so much love for him at this time of night -- then at 4-4:30am I have such a hard time remembering how much I adore him!

2 comments:

lisa h. said...

sorry about the glasses. you think they would make special kid proof ones.

oh, i bet dave's car reeks! gross!

J* said...

Calvin is so cute!