Good stuff:
*Calvin's glasses ended up getting broken as they were trying to be repaired. I thought that this would happen. But, what I didn't expect was that the glasses store would just give us another pair to replace them. This was REALLY nice of them and totally above and beyond. The frames are $229.
*Someone at the grocery store lifted Calvin into the shopping cart for me. so small, but so nice!
*I sat through sacrament meeting without having to leave (with both kids and no dave) and even heard a couple of the speakers yesterday. This was such a nice change. I was starting to wonder if I should just stay home from sacrament meeting and come for primary since I've been in the halls more than in the chapel for the last several weeks.
*I got to go to choir. Thanks to my brother Dan who came and chased the kids around while we had practice.
*Dave and have a fun breakfast date planned for TH. morning (also thanks to Dan who will babysit).
*I have hope. I am going to spend the next two weeks trying to get Calvin to sleep in a little more, or at least stay in his room and not get up to wander the house at 4am. I am going to bed really early so that I can get up at 4-4:30 to chase him back to bed and not be tooooo grumpy. I figure that with daylight savings time in a couple of weeks, if I can get him adjusted by just one hour then we'll be in decent shape.
*Dave's birthday is this week. Jello cake is on the menu.
Not as good:
*Dave has call 3 nights this week. They get NO sleep on call so he is going to be super tired. I feel so bad for him. He is on a service that says they work really hard to comply with the 80 hour work week. I'm not seeing it! It's not even a possibility to go under 100 with the scheduled shifts dave has for the week. On the bright side, feb is almost over and I hope march is better. It is kind of nice to have something new each month because then in the bad months you can always look forward to the change.
*no school today -- we will miss it! Calvin loves it there and I have to admit we have a very pleasant couple of hours while he is away.
3 comments:
Ben hasn't had a call week that bad yet. I am so sorry. Dave will be so tired. It is not right. Good luck getting Calvin to sleep -- that has got to be such a trial, I hope he figures it out by the time baby comes.
I'm so glad you got free glasses--that was so nice! Good luck with the sleeping situation!
The free glasses were such a lucky stroke. I hate glasses for myself with such a passion, I can't imagine trying to keep them on my children.
And what is jello cake?
Post a Comment