Friday, February 22, 2008

Dave's day off

It is always so nice when Dave gets a day off. The kids love to have him home, as do I. It is probably the only day of the week when we all actually have dinner together and Dave gets rested enough to relax a little. Here are some of the things we did yesterday:

6:41am - Calvin woke up -- that is the most he's slept in for a long time. I was worried he might be sick but he was fine -- and super chipper and such a good boy all morning long!
8:15am - I told the kids they could wake up Dave. They crawled into bed and told him "Get up" "Wake up" "no more sleeping" "get dressed!" Then as he started to sit up they gathered up clothes for him to wear and pulled and yanked on him as he couldn't get his clothes on fast enough. Dave played with the kids for an hour our so and they were so happy!
9:30am - Dave and I had a breakfast date planned so we headed off to a great little pancake house downtown (we also had to pick up daves car downtown b/c he was too tired to drive home and left it at the hospital the day before). Dave got an apple oven pancake and I got strawberry crepes. It was a good breakfast and a great date! Fun to go out in the morning and leave the kids awake instead of what we usually do, which is put them to bed and then go out after that!
noon- lunch time for kids followed by nap time for Clare and Dave
2:30 - Calvin and dave went to home depot to get a power saw and nails and a few other little things and then came home and fixed our bed and the mailbox post.
6pm - Dave's birthday dinner. Chicken enchiladas.

Calvin made Dave a birthday hat just liek the one he had when it was his birthday at preschool.

Fun day! now we'll just count down the days 'til Dave has another day off next week. Tuesday or Friday.

5 comments:

Natasha said...

You are a trooper to hang in there so well with Dave's schedule. I'm sure it gets tough at times but you seem to have a good attitude about it. Glad you had a fun day with him home.

lisa h. said...

happy birthday to dave! how nice to have a day off. joe had off this afternoon, since he just got back from some resort intern retreat trip...yeah. breakfast sounds nice.

jhorrocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jhorrocks said...

Haley and I love reading your blog and hearing about all your adventures with the kids (and Dave). I was just laughing about the last two posts--I was telling Haley how it seems that Dave's food taste hasn't changed much since he was 15 years old -- Chicken Enchilada casserole and Jell-o cake. (Make sure you show Dave this.) I was also reminded of how Dave and I used to get my stepmom, Janice, to make german apple pancake. Dave, let me know if you want the recipe; and then you won't have to go to a cafe to get it. Haley and I make it often.

J* said...

Happy Birthday, Dave!
That's a good idea to do a breakfast date.