My trip to UT with just Jo and I was such a blessing and so timely because just 8 days after I left, Grandpa Cal passed away. When I was visiting, it was obvious that he was not going to live much longer and that was the reason Dave sent me up to see him. What a tender mercy it was that I was able to spend 4 days in their home in Grandpas last few days of life.
First a few thoughts on that. My Grandma Joyce is a saint. It was so tender and wonderful to see her care for him. She has been helping him for a year pretty much full time, but as the end drew near in the last few months her loving care has intensified to match the needs of Grandpa. It was so sweet to hear them talk to each other and pray together and to see what true love really is. Grandma and Grandpa have been married 64 and a half years.
(I asked Dave if he could imagine being married that long and he declined to comment which I think can be interrepted as "NO WAY!!!")
It was such a delight to see Grandpa interact with little JoAnne. How he adored her! And what joy it brought to him to see her and to hold her.
Back in September when jo was just 2 months old we took a trip up to see the Grandparents. These 3 pictures are from that trip.
One of my favorite pictures of all time is Grandma and Grandpa holding her.
One morning I tried taking some pics of grandpa but he didn't want his picture taken since he wasn't dress nice. I insisted and took a pic anyway.
Later that day, or the next day, I can't remember now, he came out in a nice shirt and hair done, a clean shave and ready for a photo shoot with little Jo! Grandpa always liked to look nice and was always very well groomed.
No comments:
Post a Comment