Monday, May 7, 2012

Dave is awesome!

For the second 1/2 of Dave's vacation week he offered to send me to Salt Lake to visit my grandparents. It was so nice of him to offer to do this since this is my 3rd time away from the kids during one of his weeks off. It would not have been possible for me to slip away without his help.

He did a great job with the kids while I was gone and I was plesantly suprised to come home to a perfectly clean car and a very clean garage. He worked hard while I was away!

In Salt Lake I got to stay with my grandparents, Joyce and Calvin. I visited Grandma Ruth, my mom's mom. We also saw the Wickmans and the Hawkes - dear friends from CA who have moved to SLC. It was also great to see some cousins. A great quick trip. JoAnne was a great little traveler. She was a little behind on sleep for the first few days (espeically since we had been to Disneyland the day before we left). I eventually got her all caught up on sleep by moving her pack-n-play into a tiny little bathroom at grandmas house where it was pitch dark. I turned the fan on to give her some loud white noise and she did great in there! At home she sleeps in my closet (always dark and quiet) with a sound machine so she is used to that environment for sleeping.


Jojo was an awesome traveler. SHe is so cute!!
 on the airplane
 She loved meeting her second cousins and they loved her too!
 Jojo loved Grandma Joyce and grandpa.
 cute jojo.
 Grandma loves eating eggs for breakfast. She says they are like dessert for her.  I took a picture of her cooking her soft boiled eggs so I wouldn't foget how much she loves eggs.
 This is Jo's pack and play in the bathroom.
 More of the cousins loving on jo. And you can see Andrew playing the piano in the background. HE is AMAZING on the piano. He is only 11 and already way past my level of playing.
 Clare made me a cute welcome home note.

1 comment:

Johnson Fam said...

I am so glad you had a little time away and got to spend time with your grandparents. Dave has been stepping it up lately. Love the pics! And loved the post about your mom. I don't believe I've ever seen pictures of her and lvoed these of the two of you.