Wednesday, August 11, 2010

sleeping kids

Last night when we went down to check on all the kids I couldn't help but just love them a little more. Aren't sleeping kids great?!!

We have transitioned Alexey to a big bed. She sleeps in Clare's room. It has gone okay. However she has completely given up naps and has been grumpy and falling apart since she is so behind on sleep. The good thing about it is that she is ready for bed between 6 and 7pm. It is nice to have an early bedtime, especially as we're getting ready for school to start in a couple of weeks.


While Lex is adjusting to a new room and new bed, Clare moved into the guest room. With Tressel of course. She will need to move back to her own room this Friday when Scott and Lance arrive. She really liked her "new room" and even moved some of her clothes over. She is a cute little girl!

A couple of nights ago I had a sleepover with Clare. I had told her that when Daddy goes camping with Calvin sometime I would sleep with her. She went right to Dave and asked if I could have a sleepover. He said, Yes, but only for one night and so it happened that we didn't wait 'til the campout. Clare was very excited about this and was very sweet and smiley and cuddly all evening! I woke up several times with dog in my way and dog nose on my feet, etc. I personally don't love the dog in my bed but it seems to work for Clare and Tressel.



Calvin .... Calvin.
how is Calvin sleeping?

Well, for the first 1/2 of the summer I thought for sure that Calvin was sleeping through the night and doing so much better. As it turns out, Dan (my 19 year old brother who lives here) is awake all night so he was able to take Calvin potty and put him back to bed and I never even heard them. Thinking Calvin's night roaming days were over, I put a light in Calvins room and left his door unlocked. Then there was this scary combination of Calvin being up all night playing legos, waking up the girls for some friends to play with, eating, exploring, etc. So we are just back to the usual Calvin. I think he is getting enough rest and hopefully will feel ready for school to start.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Don't get me wrong, I love Tressel as much as the next guy, but you forgot to mention that you need to wash the sheets on that bed in the guest room before we arrive.

Lance will be happy to play with Calvin starting at 4am your time. That's 7am our time.

Pete said...

Next post please.