Wednesday, August 18, 2010

missing sleep

Alexey isn't sleeping as well as she used to now that she is downstairs in a new bed and new room. Where she was before was much more protected from the noise of the house. She doesn't nap anymore and almost always wakes up around 6am (whereas before she slept 'til 8ish and took a 2-3 hour nap a day). Needless to say, we are missing that sleep. Two reasons for missing the sleep. #1. She is a busy 2 year old and it was nice to have some time to get things done without having to worry about here trying to kill herself with acrobatics on the kitchen counter, couches, tables, chairs, etc. and making messes everywhere. #2. She is grouchy w/o the sleep.

Yesterday Calvin's noise woke her at 5am. (mom was not happy). Here she is in our bed with her crazy morning hair. (pretending to sleep)



Here she is throwing one of her wonderful tantrums. We see about 10 a day.
It is obvious to me that she is a tired girl.



Hopefully she will soon adjust to the noises of the house and learn to be a wonderful little sleeper.

6 comments:

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Oh my... that hair is so appropriate for her wild personality!

Scott said...

I am happy to report that Alexey has had a nap for the past two days. It takes 10-15 minutes of returning her to her bed every time she tries to leave her room, but she eventually gives up and goes to sleep.

I have no similar success story for her waking up early, but today Clare slept until about 8a (whereas she had been up at ~6a with Lance for the past few days).

Natasha said...

Sleeping transitions are NO fun!

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

I think it is hilarious how you took a picture of Alexy's tantrum. I should try that with James- good blackmail :)

lisa h. said...

sorry :( have you tried just locking her in the room for a nap! it worked for nolan. haven't figured out how to skip the 10 tantrums/day thing yet.

Malinovka said...

Oh, Denise, how I feel for you! There is nothing worse than having a child who HAS slept well, going to NOT sleeping well. I REALLY hope she adjusts soon!