Sometimes I wonder if we are just setting her up for a terrible heartache in 10 years when he dies, but I sure hope it is true "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all."
Of all the kids, clare is the most attatched to Tressel, I think. Alexey is for sure the biggest overall dog lover, but Clare really loves tressel. He sleeps in her bed, she'll go lay on him when she's sad, she'll feed him and take him potty. She really loves having him around.
5 comments:
As one who grew up with a dog who is nearing the end of his years, I can say definitively it's better to have loved and lost. What sweet pictures and memories she'll have.
Dogs make excellent friends to kids, especially tween/teenage girls (I know you're not there yet). There's just something so comforting about unconditional love and abject adoration. :)
That's awesome.
My question is how you dealt with little kids bugging the dog. Bella is almost 4 and is fine. But Sierra who is 1 1/2 is a little terror and likes to sometimes pull the dogs fur and hit. I discipline her. But the dog has started trying to nip her--which I would too! Did you have this problem? Or is Tressel just very even tempered?
Rachel,
my dog is pretty much tolerant of anything and if he is bugged he will just leave. I think it is one of the advantages of getting a puppy w/ small children-- they are used to everything that goes on and grow up thinking it is normal. I also wonder if a big dog can handle a little more than a little dog. And, typically it seems like young dogs are more tolerant than older dogs.
i love tressel too! he's so cute. i think it's great clare loves him, he'll always be a great part of her life. calder also LOVES milly...milly has started to sleep under calder's bed (she must be hard to sleep with). clare & calder seem so similar, wish we lived closer!
it seems like he's her personal body guard! So cute!
Post a Comment