Monday, November 23, 2009

1. good friends who let dave watch the mich game at their house.
Thanks Liebers! Dave has suffered terribly this fall without TV in our home to watch his beloved football games! This is a pic of Calvin, Dave and pup Emma.

2. humor. isn't life better when it is viewed as funny instead of stressful? Today sleeping beauty (dave) slept in an hour and was super late to work. I thought it was very humorous---he might think so another day...but not yet. So as not to just pick on dave I will share something I had to find humor in this week. My friend who picked me up from my colonoscopy saw me naked. How embarassing is that?

3. Sunday -- a day of renewal and hope! All 3 hours yesterday were great. Sacrifice, family finances and work were the topics. I always wake up monday thinking I will be a better woman.

4. Christmas season. I am soooo excited to break out the christmas stuff and espeically the music. Dave absolutely forbids Christmas music 'til after thanksgiving. Since he is seldom home he has a hard time enforcing this rule but we try to respect it by keeping most of the Christmas music packed away with the christmas tree.

5. warm showers. nobody in this family could survive without them.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

I LOVE all your thankful posts! What a great thing to do!

lisa h. said...

well at least you were drugged up and don't remember being naked right?!

i am also so thankful for warm showers....i don't know how people survived before hot water heaters.

they've been playing Christmas music on the radio here for weeks! it's insane. i did start putting out some Christmas things the other night and we're planning to buy our tree this Friday!

Ashley said...

LOL - I am dying at your naked comment. LOL!!!!! At least you have nothing to be ashamed of as far your body goes, seriously. LOL!!! :)

R said...

lol. Well, are you ok? Or what was the colonoscopy for?
I haven't checked your blog in a while. How old is Lexey now?.