Thursday, November 12, 2009

counting blessings

1. Playgroup Swap. Today it was my turn. I was pretty unprepared but we still managed to have a good time. The kids in our group are very sweet and get along well.

2. Cooler weather. It is fun to have a cool day or two amongst our sunny San diego days. Today it is about 75. Yes, I know it sounds crazy to say that it is a cooler day, but it is.

3.Calvin cracks me up. When he is talking to Tressel sometimes he calls him "Tressel Gonda" or "Tressel Speed Gonda" which just makes me laugh. (Calvin's middle name is speed)! I don't think I ever really call CAlvin by his full name but I guess he had been pondering Tressels full name.

4. my shoes They are Keen Slip on shoes. They are green and black and have kind of a star on top. They are comfortable and look decent and I got them for real cheap at Nordstrom Rack. I have two pairs of Keen shoes and I wear them more than any other shoes. They give better support than flip flops but are still casual and easy to get on and off.
Lovely pics, eh? I know I will never be a foot model or professional photographer!

5. Toilets. One of the books I'm reading talks about different kinds of living conditions and one of the things mentioned are bathrooms, or the lack of bathrooms. The very poor people had to go in ditches outside. In some communities, 100's of people shared toilets, and only the very rich had their own toilet to use for a household. Most of us are so spoiled that we consider it difficult to share a bathroom even with our own family! We are among the most fortunate in the world that we have such sanitary and comfortable living conditions.

4 comments:

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

I love your post. Good to hear about what's happening in your life!

Kristiana said...

Love the shoes! I'm just about to the slip-on shoe only stage, but I would freeze in those right now. It snowed here this morning.

Heather said...

Ah, the sunny SD weather. Doesn't it sound lovely. Winter is not my friend.

Deanne said...

love the shoes! I must say, I love my Keens too!!! In fact, I hardly ever NOT wear them. I think I need news ones now. :)