Tuesday, November 11, 2008

interrupting the scheduled program for a few pics

today we went to a fun place here in SD called the torrey pines glider port. It is a place were people can go paragliding and go fly their fancy model airplanes. There are some gorgeous cliffs overlooking a beach (a nude beach, but it's so far down to the beach you can't see anything too crazy), so there is a really good breeze. It was a perfect San Diego day. Sunny at 70. Dave's parents are in town for a couple of days from back east. It is always nice to have them to town. they are so great at giving the kids extra love and attention.

I thought this was a great picture of dave and his dad. They're not saluting anything, just shading their eyes.


This is the the first picture with all five family members since alexey was born (almost 8 months ago). in typical fashion -- Clare wearing her cindrella dress, calvin's shirt is backwards.


Not too great of a picture of dave and clare but behind them you can see the paraglider.


we had the most beautiful sunset tonight at our house! We took some pics with dave's mom and dad. Calvin was watching alvin and the chipmunks so he didn't want to join us!



4 comments:

Thany said...

Gliders Port is a BEAUTIFUL place! Also premium for fireworks watching.

And, on a personal note, Gliders Port is the first place David and I told each other that we wanted to marry each other! :)

I love all of the pictures.

I am Laura said...

The sunsets in the midwest seriously suck. Yours always seem so fantastic.

Kids,Cookies and more of the same said...

Must have been on Tuesday night--I saw this sunset, it was beautiful! Nice pics!

lisa h. said...

that is an amazing sunset! claire looks so old, when did that happen?!