
Well you all know about Calvin -- his sleep schedule is famously difficult. And the fall back time change is horrible for that. He got up at 3:30am for a full week and had a rough week at home and at school as a consequence. Now he's back to 4:30-5:30 as a wake up time. He often falls asleep around 5:30 or 6, right after dinner. Otherwise, he's in bed by 7. Yesterday he slept from 5:30pm to 5:30am. It is a decent night of sleep. If we could just move it from 7 to 7 it'd be great but for some reason it never works out that way. He is a good boy!
I recently had his parent teacher conference for Kindergarten. I was very interested to see how he was doing in school and of course, hopeful that things were going well. He has been reading well and I was curious if he was up to par or above or below. At our meeting his teacher says he is doing great academically. She said he's obviously a bright kid......bbbuuuuuuuuuttt, he does have quite a few "I's" (for needs improvement) in the behavior section of his report card. I won't talk about everything she said, but I do have one funny thing to share. She said that one of the mom's mentioned to her that Calvin is so cute and reminds her of Dennis the menace. His teacher thought that was right on as a description of Calvin! Not sure if it's a compliment, but I think they mean it in the nicest way possible. Calvin really is quite a character. He is fun and funny and can also be naughty. I think that he gets in trouble a lot not necessarily because he's trying to do the wrong thing but because he is daydreaming and preoccupied with his own little agenda. He needs to learn to be a better listener and I think since he's overall a good little guy, he'll eventually figure it out.
A new favorite thing is Alvin and the Chipmunks which we found at the library to rent on DVD. He says his nickname is "Alvin" and that he wants a harmonica for Christmas!
Calvin is a sweet guy. He's very loving and affectionate. Even though he can be a tough kid I wouldn't trade him for anything!
3 comments:
I could hear you yelling "Caaalviiiin" like Dave in Alvin and the chipmunks when he does some of his funny get in trouble things. He is a cutie.
Such a funny kid! Curtis and I were kind of freaking out about the waking-up at 3:30am thing. I mean, what do you even do?
You'll have lots of great stories to tell his wife when she has her firstborn who is exactly like him!
How cute! I love hearing about Calvin's Adventures!
Post a Comment