Dan is my 17 year old brother, a senior in high school. He is amazing. I would say that his is the #1 reason I have made it so far through Dave's residency and I'm sure he'll carry me through the rest of this year. When he goes away for college (if he does go) I will probably cry and wish he could stay forever. Dan has lived with us since June. Last year he spent a lot of time at our house as well but could only come over on the weekends or on school breaks because otherwise he needed to be at home so my Dad could take him to school and the other places he needed to be. now that he has his drivers licence he is more independent and can stay here all the time. Here are some things I love about Dan. 1. He is great with the kids. and the kids love him. 2. I enjoy having him here with me. He keeps me company and provides an adult to talk to during the day and at night, esp. when dave isn't home. 3. I feel safer with him sleeping here, esp. when dave isn't home. 4. this should be #1 HE BABYSITS for us. FOR FREE. well, usually we bring him a milkshake or dinner or treat or something but really it's free and that has been why it is so easy for dave and I to go on dates. Dan will even come home from hanging out with his friends to babysit when Dave's schedule allows. It is so nice of him and means so much to us. He also babysits when Dave is no call and I have soccer or mutual or bookclub. 5. dan is awesome! he has a great sense of humor and is really pleasant to be around.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Dan the Man
Dan is my 17 year old brother, a senior in high school. He is amazing. I would say that his is the #1 reason I have made it so far through Dave's residency and I'm sure he'll carry me through the rest of this year. When he goes away for college (if he does go) I will probably cry and wish he could stay forever. Dan has lived with us since June. Last year he spent a lot of time at our house as well but could only come over on the weekends or on school breaks because otherwise he needed to be at home so my Dad could take him to school and the other places he needed to be. now that he has his drivers licence he is more independent and can stay here all the time. Here are some things I love about Dan. 1. He is great with the kids. and the kids love him. 2. I enjoy having him here with me. He keeps me company and provides an adult to talk to during the day and at night, esp. when dave isn't home. 3. I feel safer with him sleeping here, esp. when dave isn't home. 4. this should be #1 HE BABYSITS for us. FOR FREE. well, usually we bring him a milkshake or dinner or treat or something but really it's free and that has been why it is so easy for dave and I to go on dates. Dan will even come home from hanging out with his friends to babysit when Dave's schedule allows. It is so nice of him and means so much to us. He also babysits when Dave is no call and I have soccer or mutual or bookclub. 5. dan is awesome! he has a great sense of humor and is really pleasant to be around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a blessing.
It's always good to recognize those people in your life and appreciate them.
Yay for Dan!!
This about made me cry! What an awesome guy Dan is- I can only imagine what it would be like to have someone around like this during the brink of residency. Family is the best.
you are so lucky! it's so nice for you and it's great for the kids to get to hang w/ their uncle and really be friends with him. maybe dan can go to usd?
Dan is the man. I am super jealous. It is so hard for us to find a babysitter and so we never go out and to pay for one is hard too. Last week we paid for one, but it was so nice to finally go out. I am thinking your brother Dan is the best.
How sweet of you to appreciate him in your blog!
Post a Comment