Tuesday, November 11, 2008

next in line - Denise

Dave always brags that he is older than me. I keep wondering when the day will come that he's not so proud of that! I'm glad we're not that old yet!

I am doing well. My life is busy too. I love my new calling working with the laurels. It is fun teaching on Sunday's. I love to teach. I would not say that I am one of those amazing, truly gifted teachers, but I would say that I am much better at teaching and it much easier and more enjoyable that secretary work. Mutual and other activies with YW are fun and a big part of life since there are so many! This week we have 3 meetings plus mutual (it's not usually that bad, but it's a busy week)!

Here is my day:
sometime between 3:30-5 most days I hear Calvin knocking and saying "mom....I need to go potty...." I go let him go potty and if I'm nice I give him a snack and then lock him back in 'til around 6. It must sound horrible to some of you that I lock Calvin in his room. I never would have thought that I'd lock my kids in but it is for the good of the house (he is destructive and mischievous) and his safety (so he doesn't hurt himself and so I don't kill him when he ruins stuff in the house).

4am - dave gives me a kiss on his way out the door

6ish I get up. I got into the habit of letting calvin get up at watch TV for an hour while I slept but now that I don't have a "new" baby I am trying to get up at 6 with him. I get so much more done in the day and he likes to have someone to talk to.

6-8 read, blog, eat breakfast, play games, hang out, girls wake up, etc.

okay, I decided this is too boring.

My day consists of caring for children and the house. Often it is wonderful. Some days I think I'm lucky to make it through the day. My worst days are not so much the days that the kids are bad but the days that I do not handle it well. It's almost a guarantee that there will be times in every day when the kids get on my nerves so it's up to me to stay calm and give them a drink and a snack and help them be happy!! I love being a Mom and am so lucky to be home with the kids. I really love babies. I often say that if kids stayed as sweet as Alexey == and really my other two were very sweet babies as well -- then I'd have 100 kids!

I still play soccer once a week, and often it is twice a week since I sub. I'm trying to figure out how else to exercise but haven't gotten that figure out yet.

I look forward to my dates with Dave. We try to get out once a week but some weeks his schedule doesn't allow that. for the most part we do make it. The kids look forward to those dates also because I usually let them get a red box movie to watch when we leave. Most often Dan babysits (I'll post about him next) and I also have a 13 year old girl from church that will babysit sometimes.

3 comments:

lisa h. said...

you are so lucky to have Dan to help you out, he's really awesome w/ your kids.

R said...

Hey Denise
Love reading the blog. Keep it up.
Question for you: Bella has to wear a patch now (switching off on both eyes). Any tips? At least it's only for 4 hrs a day. Right now we know it's for at least 6 weeks til they will probably do surgery. I'm thinking movies may work??
Email me with any suggestions: rachel.o.freeman@gmail.com
Thanks!

Renae said...

I love to read how you are doing. Thanks for the update. Your blog is so fun.