Dave is covering the hospital this weekend and so we didn't expect to see much of him but his chief called last night to say "hey, why don't you take the morning off and then come in later in the day." Woo hoo. This was especially good news for me as I was dreading dragging the kids to the 4th of july festivities. (I know. Party pooper. more party pooping to come...) We went to the community 4th of july activities. Clare liked the bouce house and otter pops. Other than that, it wasn't very kid oriented.

I finished painting Clare's room. Actually, I have a few little finishing effects I want to try next, but I do have the color in her room. I'll post pics when I'm all done. Last night Clare slept in another room in the pack-n-play so I could work in her room. I did one coat last night, one this morning and one later in the day. And in case you're wondering...my house is a wreck and we didn't have dinner tonight :)
Tonight Clare WOULD NOT sleep in her room. Through her tears she said, "Mom, it's all painty. I want to sleep in a different room." I fought with her for a while and then eventually put her in the pack n play where she slept last night. in a different room. She said "Thank you, mom" and went right to sleep. crazy child.
Fireworks have always been super fun, but not as much this year. Dave was gone and we had no plans with friends so I wasn't really excited about it. (It being taking the kids out to fireworks by myself.) Dave made me promise not to be lazy and put the kids to bed early so we went out to see some! Clare was super scared of the fire works --her little body was shaking the whole time and she kept asking to go back home to our house. Calvin feel asleep. Alexey watched most of them... :)
On a happier note ... I sure do love America and feel so blessed to be here at this time. What a truely wonderful life we have.
And another happy note....less than 2 months 'til football season. Can't wait. I already bought some chips and dip for our USC OSU game early in september.
6 comments:
cute pictures of y'all. i wish we could've gotten together and watched w/ you. we had people over to cookout in the afternoon and then went to the fireworks by ourselves since everyone seemed to have a baby and didn't want to take them. i can't wait to see clare's room, hopefully she'll like it soon.
I feel your pain at taking kids by yourself. Ben is my motivation to do anything fun otherwise I would opt to stay home in comfort. Good for you for going. sorry it wasnt' the funnest time.. I would have gone with ya if I lived nearby.
Does Dave ever wear clothes that don't say OHIO? I think every picture of him on your blog (except the black tie dinner - and he was probably wearing OSU underwear) captures him in OSU attire. Way to show school spirit Dave!
One tip to help rid a room of paint smells is to put a bucket (or large bowl) of water in the room. I don't understand completely how it works, but I think the principal is that it absorbs the fumes or smelly stuff. I've done it and had success.
That was ambitious to take the kids to the fireworks yourself. The fireworks laws here in Indiana are so lax that almost every single one of our neighbors was putting on a great show. Who needs the city fireworks?
I can NOT wait for football season!!! So nice to know someone else feels the same!! I can't get enough! I'm the one in the house trying to skip church and asking hubby for another Coors light! Hehe
Post a Comment