They both recommend a laser level but I didn't want to get one. My lines were 12 in apart. I thought it was fine. I'd probably do them closer together next time. Maybe 8-10 in.
I ended up using a quilters ruler (shown below) to make my lines. Since it is see through I could make sure my lines were lined up with everything (other tape, ceiling, baseboards, floor or whatever it was closest to) and also that the lines continued to be straight as I went along. I used a pencil to mark off spots. I taped one line at a time and then used that line as one of the references for the next line. Hopefully that makes some sense! one friend used just a regular yard stick to make lines in her room.
If I had a helper I might have done it another way (suggested by both dave and his mom). Drop a weighted string from the ceiling to the floor and then make marks along the way down. Then tape! Would be a lot faster than making lots of measurements.
No comments:
Post a Comment