Today I decided we will probably starve for the rest of the summer becuase I cannot handle my 3 kids (well, mostly just the two older ones but the baby is trouble too b/c she takes up the entire cart with her carseat!) at the grocery store. only 6 weeks 'til school starts and we might have enough food in the pantry to make it to Aug 19th! Here are the three little dears that are the joy in my life and double as little troubles!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
180 degrees change of plans
After pestering dave for weeks (52 of them) about what color to pain Clare's room he finally decided to give his input. "If I were painting my Clare bear's room, I'd paint it a light purple color." I was sooooo happy to have some help that we went to home depot that morning and chose a paint called "cinderella's glass slipper." It is a super light purple with a tint of blue and it is completely across the color wheel from teh yellow I thought I wanted. But, we can still accent with yellow :) Anyway, I'll be working on that for the next couple of weeks and hopefully can finish it up before my b-day (finishing clare's room is my b-day present to myself. july 20th). That is the goal. I love blogging. thanks for all your nice comments all the time. You are great friends!
Today I decided we will probably starve for the rest of the summer becuase I cannot handle my 3 kids (well, mostly just the two older ones but the baby is trouble too b/c she takes up the entire cart with her carseat!) at the grocery store. only 6 weeks 'til school starts and we might have enough food in the pantry to make it to Aug 19th! Here are the three little dears that are the joy in my life and double as little troubles!
Today I decided we will probably starve for the rest of the summer becuase I cannot handle my 3 kids (well, mostly just the two older ones but the baby is trouble too b/c she takes up the entire cart with her carseat!) at the grocery store. only 6 weeks 'til school starts and we might have enough food in the pantry to make it to Aug 19th! Here are the three little dears that are the joy in my life and double as little troubles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I love the group shot of them. This is something they will cherish the rest of their lives seeing them all together. I need to do more of getting Dylan & Sophie together.
the color sounds pretty. yellow will look great with it. i just finished putting the 2nd coat on the dining room. whew. you can totally get it done...i've started shopping at giant eagle all the time cause they have a play place for the kids and they can both go. it's much easier...today i went to walmart & sam's club w/ them and was seriously in a bad mood chasing them around and trying to get them to just sit in the cart together! can't wait to see clare's room!
Renters are not allowed to ameliorate the property where they live. I'm happy to share the worthless snippets of law that I'm learning while studying for the bar. Fortunately the bar exam does not always equate to real life. I think purple will look good in that room. You let your kids help by splashing yellow accents onto the purple. It would be so modern and trendy.
That color sounds perfect! I can't wait to see pictures of it when it is all done:-) Good Luck!
I can't handle two at the grocery store let alone three. When I had one I would go to the grocery store and hear moms yelling at their kids to "sit still" or "come here" or "stop that" and I would snicker to myself that they just didn't have it together and I did. Now with my two i am the crazy yelling mother that doesn't have anything together. I don't know if I will every feel like I can have another one.
Color of paint sounds good and yellow and purple are suppose to be the perfect compliments of each other. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Good luck shopping! I really like that picture of the three of them. It looks like Calvin is getting used to his patch. (I hope)
My Shopping secret?
I go when they are in bed...I am the mom there at 11:30 at night since sometimes I wait till David is in bed too. Of course, this isn't always an option for you but it sure beats dragging kids to the store.
Or on Thursday....drop the kids off at the park and shop! I will totally take responsibility for them!
I have a babysitter coming once a week during the summer just so I don't have to shop with the 3 kids. I was feeling pretty good a few weeks ago and thinking they are older now so we went to the store to get a few things. By the time we left I REALLY remembered why I try to avoid shopping with them at all costs. Hopefully you can figure out a way to get to the store without at least some of them.
You are welcome to drop off your kids at my house and I'll watch them while you shop. I totally understand what it's like to shop with three kids. Last Monday Mae was at a friends house so I took the opportunity to go shopping with only 2 kids. The 'two' almost didn't survive the trip. Shopping with two is hard too!
I try to NEVER take all three grocery shopping. It's very, very hard.
Wow! I am so glad to hear these stories from others so that I can feel normal! I was at target the other day and this Mom was really upset with her kids. I could sooo relate!
I don't even like to go with 2...but believe it or not, I have been desparate enough to go with 4!!! How insane is that?? I have made a habit the last few weeks of going in the evening when hubby is home. It's nice! Also, I posted below and hadn't read that you picked light purple. I think you will LOVE it! I told you Daisy and Lila's room is "Slow Dancer"...a very pretty medium-purple...yellow accents would be beautiful!!!
Post a Comment