Saturday, October 1, 2011

why we are in Washington DC

Many months ago, Dave submitted an abstract and oral presentation to the annual Neurosurgery meetings in DC knowing that it would be a fun place to visit. As he started to plan for the trip he thought he wanted to take Calvin with him to see the DC sights. One day he asked me, "do you think it would be okay for me to leave Calvin in the hotel room while I go to my conference?" ....... so, here we are....the entire family in DC!!! No way was I going to send the boys on their own.

so, forgive me for turning this into a traveloge but I want to remember this trip. There is a pretty good chance we won't take a family vacation again for a very long time!

1 comment:

Cellista said...

Two thoughts--What was Dave thinking?! I'm really glad you decided to go with them. :)

and two--I thought I was brave taking 4 kids to the east coast, and mine are (mostly) older than yours. Good job getting everybody there! and I hope you have a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.