Wednesday, October 5, 2011

wednesday- daves last conference day

Wed. dave had a 3/4 day planned at conference so I decided to take the kids in to DC and meet him after his conference. I arrived downtown around 1pm and enjoyed driving around a bit so that we could see some of the beautiful buildings - the capitol, surrounding government buildings, monuments and museums. The kids were very impressed. When we drove past the capitol Clare said "Oh my goodness, it is so beautiful I can't even blink." I am glad that DC so beautiful and impressive!

We met grandma and grandpa at carosel and they took the kids for a ride while I went to find a decent parking spot. Then we went to the natural history museum. We all loved it. I could have stayed for 3 days there (I am a zoology major so this is my passion) but with kids one can only do a little at a time!

Dave met us around 4pm. By this time we were about done. Clare stayed with him to see the National Archives - declaration of independence and constitution - and then rode home on the metro. I took the other kids home in the car. When we got home Heather was just dropping off lance and so we ALL went to dinner. Scott, Heather, Lance, Jude (2 years), Dave and I and our kiddos. It was insane. The kids did okay though and all got well fed.

Major fail -- no pictures for the day. Another side story, Calvin's class is studying laws and government right now, even the constitution. I told him that Clare and Dad saw the constitution while we were in DC. He remembered how they stayed and did that on a day when he didn't want to stay any longer. He was a tiny bit sad but really didn't care much! He would have been content to stay inside for the entire vacation (either at Scott or Grandma's house).


Speaking of sitting around the house, here are some pics from us sitting around the house. It cracked me up how the kids were all sitting on top of and around dave.

Calvin loving the Kumilomb.

1 comment:

Erin Mason said...

Denise, you are such a great mom. Sounds like you've been able to have a fun trip despite Dave being at conferences for a lot of the time, and having the kids on their best "vacation behavior" - i.e. tired and grumpy. My kids do it too, but in the end they talk about all the cool things they saw and did, and that makes it worth it.