Friday, May 21, 2010

playing catch up

some random pics

dave went to Calvin's class to talk about being a neurosurgeon as part of dad's week. As we were walking in he kept saying, "Do I look like a nerd in this white coat?" I replied, "Yes!" Dave said, "I feel like I'm dressed up for Halloween...do you really think I should wear this?" I told him that he had paid 200 thousand dollars and 10 years of his life (so far) to get that costume and yes he should for sure wear it. He did a great job in the classroom. He had about 25 minutes but probably could have gone twice that long. The kids loved it! There was one kid there who knew what all the parts of the brain do. It was crazy. ie, "Does anyone know what the cerebellum does?" kid "controls balance and coordinated muscle movement" (yes, that is a direct quote) I have never seen anything like it in a first grader.

the kids at the playground decided to try goggles for a while.(also, clare always dresses herself. like her choice of stripes w/ stripes?)
I opened my little notebook and saw someone had been using it....it was just too cute!





clare had a b-day party and got herself and her presents all ready (crayons in one bag, coloring book in the other -- she insisted they go in separate bags)!



We finished painting on mother's day. I woke up to this lovely sight and dave said, "happy mother's day! Isn't it beautiful?" It made me want to break out in hives to see such a disaster but dave was just happy the painting was done!

clare really wanted a chance to paint something but when she woke up all that was left was one little spot. She changed into painting clothes and she was very excited!

Dave threw her up on top of this dresser and she painted about two strokes before realizing how high up she was an got very very scared!


more to come:
kitties are big enough to hold
swim lessons
grandpa gonda's funeral
overnight backpacking trip
patching boot camp

2 comments:

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

what a brave little girl! I don't think that I could do that!

The first two weekends of June would be great for us for a get together. Is that what you had in mind?

lisa h. said...

that's cool dave got to go to calvin's school. and yes, that is crazy that a 1st grader knew those things! i think i need to brush up on my brain anatomy!

so we're going to SC tomorrow and the carter's will also be there, we lucked out. have u decided when you're coming in the fall - don't change your mind!