Thursday, May 6, 2010

bye bye vizio dreams


We all have dreams of things we'd like to buy....mine have remained the same over the last year or so. a BOB stroller, a wheat grinder.

I never dare make a big purchase even when I feel I have the $ 'cuz something always comes up.

Dave wants a vizio. A LOT. I finally agreed to let him get one when we finish painting and dave learned how quickly those big dreams melt away as we've had a few things come up this month!
1.garage door repair -$200
2. repair pipe burst underground near pool pump - $300
3. bought Calvin a ds as a desperate attempt to get him to wear his patch - $180 (he gets to play for 30 min after school if he wears his patch all day)

total $680

Cost for the vizio ~$680. so sad. so sad. I was actually looking forward to it a bit also. Our current TV doesn't work very well.

3 comments:

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

Oh man, I feel your pain. We just had a $600 car repair... ouch! Why also do all the unforseen expenses happen all at once?!

lisa h. said...

oh i'm sorry. joe is also dying for a new tv. we'll see though...we have 2 tv's that work fine so it's hard to spend the money! yeah...plus i just found out i need over $700 in dental work done...that's after insurance! so yes, things come up. maybe one day we won't feel so guilty to buy something nice! i hope calvin is doing well w/ the patch! hopefully the ds will help...it's also good for restaurants, doctor office waits, and the car!

R said...

That is sad. Yeah, stuff ALWAYS comes up. And it's usually stuff we need--our car mostly.
But it's funny how it works out that by not spending on what we want, we have what we need. And it's also funny how I want what you listed: wheat grinder and jogging stroller/bike trailer. And Eric drools at the huge flat screens at Sams. I just tell him "someday" just like my dining room set. ;)