Last weekend I went on The Sophmore Hike. Our stake started this tradation several years ago becuase the girls were always complaining that they didn't get to do anything fun and adventurous like the boys always do. Each year the sophmore girls get to go on an overnight backpacking trip with a parent. Tas and Kaitlyn are the two sophmores in my ward. Neither of their moms or dads wanted to go so they asked me if I would go! I was very excited for this opportunity. Kaitlyn ended up hurting her ankle a few weeks ago so I went w/ Tas. She did a great job, never complained and seemed to enjoy herself.
I have never done a backpacking trip before and it was kind of fun. I can see why people love doing this. It is really the only way to really get away from the world.
Here are some pics of the views and our camp nesteled in the trees.
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5474466523336098754" />
Dave was going to be home for the weekend to babysit but ended up having to trade some call so that he could attend his grandpa's funeral. So, he was there at night but we hired a babysitter -- on of my wonderful laurels -- to come for Saturday. I was out of cell phone range so I had no clue if things were going well. I hadn't really had a chance to tell Dave everything since I had left before he got home from work on Friday. It is probably best that I was out of range or I would have been freaking out!!!!
So, Saturday morning Alexey woke up very thirsty. She found herself a sippy cup in the fridge. She drank it all and then asked for more milk. Dave gave her more milk. Then she threw up. Then she wanted more milk ... so dave gave her two more glasses of milk (something a mother would never do!) Then she threw up again. And Tressel was there to eat it. Then she threw up again....just as the babysitter arrived. Dave put Lex on the couch and left!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH I can't believe he left a throwing up baby w/ a babysitter. But I suppose he had no choice...he couldn't' call in sick. Anyway, when I got back in cell phone range I texted dave to see if he was home from work yet. He said he was home and was glad I was on my way cuz lex was barfing all morning. When I called to get the details he told me the above story about her throwing up and then leaving her w/ a babysitter followed by, "oh and I didn't have any money so I didn't pay the babysitter." WHAT?!!! "You left her with a throwing up baby and then didn't even pay her?"
AS it turns out Lex only had sour milk. She threw up one more time w/ the babysitter and then ate breakfast, snack, lunch dinner, etc all w/o any problems. At least she wasn't the kind of sick that is contagious. I ended up paying my sweet babysitter VERY WELL. She is a sweet girl and never even compained when she got home and her parents asked her how babysitting went.
5 comments:
WOW! Gotta love dads! Hope you had a fun time getting away!
One time I left Lance with a babysitter and he later threw up. I was gone for like 90-120 min, immediately went home and probably paid the kid $40. And that's cheap. There's no way I'd take $20/hr to watch a kid that was going to throw up, but I think it was all the cash I had, and I'm sure I was too embarrassed to ever talk to that kid again. Luckily, his family moved away not long after. I love that Clare cleans for you. Send her to my house!
LOL. That is hilarious. I seriously love reading your blog because there is always something entertaining going on in the Gonda house. :)
Oh yeah, and Bella does that same cleaning and whatever thing to procrastinate bedtime. I think I should get rid of her nap. Oh well. . .
wow! just be glad you weren't there! I bet it was nice to have a little break. :)
if my kids were getting out of bed to clean the house i think i'd be okay w/ it!
oh that is so crazy about the babysitter. cool that you got to go on the hike though.
sorry about grandpa gonda, I can't believe he really died playing handball.
Post a Comment