Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We didn't get to send everyone we know a Christmas card, though I wish we could have, so for those who didn't get to see it in the mail, this is what we put together this year.




What a blessing it is to look over the past year and see everything that we have experienced and learned. We are so grateful for all that we have and for our association with each of you. We will share a few highlights for each family member!

Dave
-Completed the San Diego Rock ‘n Roll marathon in the spring.
-Took our family on a wonderful trip to see Sequoia Park and Grandma and Grandpa Gonda’s 50th wedding anniversary in Reno/Tahoe.
-Enjoys working as the neurosurgery resident at the Children’s Hospital. At the first of the year he will rotate to a private hospital in town. He is in his 3rd year of a 7 year residency.
-Attended several football games!

Denise
-Turned 30 but doesn’t look a day over 20! (If you have a differing opinion please keep it to yourself!)
-Took a wonderful trip to Boston with just Dave, leaving all 3 kids home with her Dad!
- Got the family a DOG-- a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy named Tressel. He has grown to 90 lbs. now at 10 months old.
-Delighted in many visits from friends and family throughout the year.

Calvin
-100 % 6 year old boy full of mischief, humor and fun!
-Is super happy that he learned to arm-pit fart in 1st grade from his peers.
-Sang a solo in the microphone at his Children’s Chorus concert.
-Has a perfect internal clock, waking up each day at 4am.
-Has added several drawings to the walls and always has a ready alibi such as Alexey or Luke Skywalker.

Clare
-A cute 4 year old girly girl who loves pink, dresses, dancing and singing.
-Learned to swim and write her name.
-Loves to color for hours at a time.
-Enjoys reading familiar books in her darling little toddler voice.
-Can imitate Malificent’s evil laugh from Sleeping Beauty.

Alexey
-At 20 months, she can talk loud enough to be heard over the noise of the other family members!
-Tressel’s best friend and an absolute dog lover.
-Has darling curls.
-Loves to be the center of attention and make everyone laugh!
-Favorite spot is standing on the table with markers in hand.

2 comments:

I am Laura said...

Fun. I didn't send out any cards this year or for the past few years. I hope one day I will be with it (or my budget will be with it) enough to send some out. I love the recaps of the year. I love that Calvin blames Luke Skywalker for things.

Malinovka said...

Love your year summary! Thanks for sharing it on your blog--I'm with you about not being able to send Christmas cards to everyone I want to. So, I loved that you posted it too. I'm hoping this year might have a no-kids trip in store....