Every year at the end of November our ward has a meeting where the new YM/YW theme is introduced in sacrament meeting. The YM and YW Presidents speak. This year they asked me if I could put together a musical number with the youth. No problem! I love doing things like that. I put together a fun arrangement of True to the Faith and Behold! A Royal Army using the youth and their leaders. Then in October we started practicing. It was more challenging than I expected b/c ½ of the men and most of their leaders can’t sing. I would say at least 5 of them combined could not sing a tune to save their life! Anyway, I had to hide a few smiles while rehearsing, but as music goes it is still a positive experience to learn and sing the hyms. Our performance was for sure the best run though we had and after sacrament meeting I received several compliments about the musical number.
Several days later during pillow talk dave says, “Oh, by the way, your musical number was TERRIBLE!!! It was really, really bad. I heard some people telling you a good job but they were lying. Let me tell you the truth: it was not good AT ALL.” “You might have done a good job considering the lack of musical talent you were working with but it still sounded awful.”
Thanks, Dave.
3 comments:
LOL! That is too funny. Such a sweetheart your hubby is. :) Maybe the rest of your ward knew what kind of talent (or rather the lack there of) you were working with and for them they did a really good job. Love you guys!
I am sure you did a great job despite what you had to work with. Honest Dave... love it!
lol!!! oh how harsh!!! i hope you weren't too hurt...haha! and to add that everyone was lying when they said you did a good job! gotta love that honesty!
Post a Comment