Last night the kids wouldn't get out of the bath. Dave asked nicely, threatened and then turned to desperate measures. He threw a spider in the bath tub. Clare went into hysterics and dove out of the bath, then the spider floated by Alexey and she started crying "spider" "spider" (a new word for her) and she jumped out. Calvin hopped right out also. The crying from Clare and Alexey lasted about 5 minutes.
Dave didn't know Alexey would be scared...he felt bad about making her so sad.

this is not the spider but one I took off the internet that looks just like the one dave tossed in!
Before the kids would completely calm down they had to watch dave throw the spider in the toilet and flush it down!
5 comments:
Surprisingly effective. Well done Dave!
Ok, that would freak me out as well. Dave, you mean mean daddy. I hate spiders!
ps.. I love Dave stories! Please make a collection and make it into a book one day. I would read it!
i'm sitting here reading this and evan is next to me and he just asked me, what are you smiling about? hahaha! oh dave, great parenting advice!
I love it! I don't know that my girls would get over that...Meg especially as she hates anything that crawls! Too funny!
that is hilarious! thanks for sharing
Post a Comment