Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the joy of children

i couldn't leave that grumpy post up for too long so here we are.....

today I went to a dr. with Alexey and Clare to schedule a colonoscopy (the joy!!) and told her that I want to have another baby (someday) and she about fell to the floor thinking I am crazy to want a 3rd child. Then I told her I actually already have 3 since one of them was at school and she truly thought I was crazy and could not continue the appt until asking a lot of questions like, "do I work?, does my husband work?..." Anyway, it was interested to see how shocked she was to hear I want A LOT (in her view) of kids.

Alexey says "Da-DEE" (daddy) with super enthusiasm every time she see's him. It is irresistible and he often has to give her several hugs as he leaves or comes home because she will call him over and over again.

The kids found these in a closet and aren't they- the kids, not the jackets - just too cute?

alexey and her best friend



PS. I know I am a terrible photographer and I apologize. I think I have a terrible (4 year old) camera but dave insists it is all the fault of the photographer that I can't take a decent picture even in great light.

7 comments:

Johnson Fam said...

Cute pictures of the kids! Love the one of Alexey and Dave.

As for the camera and photographer thing...they go hand in hand and if you don't have a good one there is no way you'll get a nice pic. :) So it's the camera for sure!

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

Tressel looks huge! We are excited to see you guys in a few weeks!

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

oh, I forgot... I need a new book to read. Got any suggestions?

Pete said...

Did you know that Calvin's jean jacket has a bullet in the levi label?

I miss your kids. Tell Alexey I said hello. I don't want her to forget me.

Katherine said...

Sugar ants are horrible and freaky because they are so small but there are always so many of them! We had them too this summer.

lisa h. said...

i think the pics look great. the kids are cute w/ those jackets. that is so funny the doctor thought you were crazy...that's even better when you said actually I have 3 one is at school!! people ask me all the time if we think we'll have more, it's funny.

i hope calvin will start liking school more. i started reading book thief, it's written in a cool way, i like it so far. i know it took me forever to start on it!

jhorrocks said...

I always enjoy your pictures (and updates), Denise.

I won't enter the photographer v. camera debate, except to say that if Dave is going to blame it on you he needs to pay for you to take a digital photography class.