So, I have not taken any pics for several weeks and don't have much to say but I'll try to think of something.
Calvin texted Dave all by himself this morning He said "trie to com home pridy erle" (try to come home pretty early). so cute! Dave is taking Calvin camping tonight --just for fun -- so it is important that he comes home on time.
Clare FREAKS OUT if dave makes any mention of bedtime or tries to put her to bed. If he says something like, "okay, let's go downstairs and brush teeth" she will fall on the floor in hysterics and say "I want mommy to take me to bed." Now, it is nice to be loved, but this is a little over the top. I asked dave if he ever did anything to her when I wasn't home and he remembered that there was one time when she was being super unreasonable and he told her "YOU DON'T GET MOM. YOU GET DAD." and then locked her in her room. She hates to be locked in and will usually do ANYTHING to avoid getting locked in. So, I guess she is scarred for a while. (Dahlquists,do you remember when dad told shi, "you don't get mommy, you get Bob" and she was scared of him for a year?)!!! So, last night I had mutual and soccer and when I got home at 10:30 Clare was up watching Princess Diaries. Dave was eating dinner and said that he had battled 3 hours and finally given up. Wow!
Clare is taking dance class, singing class and doing a preschool swap one day a week. So, it seems to be pretty nice for her. She is a sweet little person (except when dave wants to put her to bed). She recently became night time potty trained. :)
Funny story about this which just occurred to me a day or two ago. ...... so, about a month ago dave and I have a conversation as follows:
Dave: so are we going to have any more kids?..... if we are can we have them as soon as possible? The sooner we have them, the sooner they grow up and leave
Denise: well if you like kids so much maybe we shouldn't
dave: I do love kids. a lot. I just want to have time to travel and do fun stuff together while we're still young. So, I was thinking Oct would be a good time to start having another one.
Denise: as in 6 weeks from now!!!????
Dave: sure, why not?
Denise: I want to fit into my swim suit next summer. Besides we have 3 kids in diapers. Do you really want to have 4th? I'm not sure that is reasonable at all.
So, then a few days later Clare (it now occurs to me that she must have been chatting with her namesake in heaven) told me she wanted to wear underwear to bed. I was doubtful since she never had a dry pull up, but she has been doing great.
Now, this is not an announcement that dave is getting his way, but just thought I'd share a little Gonda humor with you.
Calvin has basically adjusted to school. I love his teacher so far b/c we don't have h/w yet. He is playing soccer. Scratch that. He is on a soccer team. He doesn't really play. In his defense, it has been 100 at all 3 of the games so far and I don't blame him for wanting to sit in the shade and borrow nintendo ds from a spectator. I am enjoying coaching his team and I think I am getting better at it. By the end of the season I'll be pretty good I think.
Dave is at Children's Hospital july-dec. he likes it okay. home call is going okay too. He is shocked by the # of kids that fall out of second story windows. Several a month so be careful about that. Many of the kids fall through the screen. Tomorrow night we are going to watch one of his attending drs compete in a "so you think you can dance?" competition here in SD. It is going to be a hoot. Tickets are $100/piece and the dr. who is dancing offered to take anyone who wanted to go.
As mentioned before, the weather is hot hot hot. All of sept has been in the 90's and 100's. Right now it is 95 so I am envious of all of you who are enjoying beautiful fall weather. Sept. is really a summer month for us in SD. I'd say we don't need pants most years until after Halloween.
7 comments:
thanks for the update! have fun on your date! This hot weather is killing me too!
Love the update and especially the gonda humor! Congrats to Clare on being night trained; that's great. I assume when you say you have 3 in diapers that Cal isn't night trained yet. One of these days. And hey, if you have a baby next summer you will fit in a bathing suit...just a maternity one. :) Love you girl!
Yay for Clare on being night time trained. I am afraid it will take Dylan forever. I am new at potty training, he just trained in May so I don't know how long it takes boys to get night time trained. But it was nice going from diapers to pull-ups; cut back on a lot of $$.
I can't believe it is so hot there. It is still hot here, low 80's and humid so we don't really have the nice fall weather. That will be in November I think. Do you guys think you will ever come out to see Dave's parents at all? Let us know if you do.
LOL!!!!!!!! This post is HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I love it! :)
Hadn't Shi been getting out of bed every 10-15 min for 3 hours before Bob intervened.
I'm glad Calvin doesn't have homework. Kids that are 6 should have incentives to read books (e.g. the old Pizza Hut Book Club), but don't need to spend all day doing ofttimes useless worksheets.
How's the dog?
I can't believe calvin can text! what!
that is funny about clare deciding to wear underwear.
sorry about the hot weather...it's actually cold today! it's like 60 degrees!
Post a Comment