Monday, August 31, 2009

painful week

#1. It has been over 100 degrees out for over a week. No A/C in our house means it is over 90 in the house. KILLER! I do not like it to be so hot. Dave doesn't mind it as much as I do but I always think that it is b/c he is in the cool hospital for most of the day.

#1b. sugar ants. With the heat, we get millions of ants inside our house. I spend an hour a day cleaning up ants in various rooms. They come in bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen. They are after anything, even just water and it is gross. I hate those ants.

#2. Though Calvin loves school, he does not love going to school. (tough distinction, I know). He throws a HUGE fit every morning when we go to school and I have to drag him to class kicking and screaming where the teacher pry's him from my leg as he is falling to pieces. Then, when I pick him up he is happy as a lark and said he had a great day. When I ask him why he didn't want to go he says, "i don't know" and when I ask if he would have rather stayed home he says, "no, I like school" so who knows what his trouble is but it is really hard for me and him each morning as we get ready and he tells me over and over again that he doesn't want to go to school.

on the bright side: football season starts this weekend and we have some fun football days with friends lined up for the first two weekends.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I hate ants more than anything and I feel your pain. We normally get them each summer and I can't stand it. I hate them more than spiders or any other insect.

I hope Calvin starts liking school more. My nephew doesn't like it either and would rather stay home all day. I bet you like having a little break each day as well.