Friday, September 11, 2009

football weekend

teams dave and I are rooting for this weekend:





teams the kids are rooting for:



my kids now think it is soooooo funny to cheer opposite their dad. They LOVE Michigan. Even Alexey says, "go michigan" at random times of EVERY day! Calvin and Clare hum and sing "hail to the victors" just to get a rise out of dave.

The kids have decided to cheer for USC who will be playing Ohio State this weekend. Truth be told, USC is my VERY least favorite college football team. When USC and MICH play I always hope MICH will win. I really can't stand USC and being from So Cal now I get very tired of the millions of USC bandwagon fans. They are all over!

The BYU game last weekend, (for those that aren't BYU fans....), was AMAZING. We beat #3 ranked Oklahoma in a down-to-the-final-play victory. Dave woke up Sunday morning smiling and saying, "did you dream about BYU football too?"

We love the excitement of the fall football season!

7 comments:

Jessica Dahlquist said...

That is too much. We never meant to be a bad influence on your children. If it makes you feel better, we too will be cheering on Ohio vs. USC.

Pete said...

When I woke up Sunday I couldn't stop thinking how proud I was to be a cougar.

I hate USC too. Ohio st. better not choke. Go Blue!

Melissa said...

Go Bucks! We will be watching tomorrow night, although it starts late for us 8:00 pm. Hard to have buckeye parties that late.

Jessica said...

We cheered on the same teams!
BYU - WIN :-)
ND - LOSS :-(
OSU - still watching :-)

Pete said...

Looks like your kids had a pretty good weekend.

Natasha said...

I had to call and upgrade our cable yesterday so Bob could watch BYU play. (Last week we watched at my parents and we were both beaming smiles for DAYS!) He was as happy as I've seen him in a long time to watch BYU football yesterday.

I am Laura said...

Good for them. I hope they grow up to be good utes one day!!!