Monday, June 8, 2009

tball is over






Saturday we finished our t-ball season. Calvin had a good time hanging with his little buddies and occasionally I think he also enjoyed the baseball game as well. I really appreciate the coaches and parents who helped out so much. Dave and I aren't very good helpers these days since dave is never there and I always have 2 other kids with me so I especially appreciate those who are able and willing to coach and help on these teams.

some of the parents who had nice cameras forwarded their pics of the kids.



this was a common sight during each game.


especially when Calvin acts like this, it is nice to have patient and wonderful parents with a good sense of humor. For the first half of the season I dreaded going to the games b/c it is completely humiliating to see your child act so poorly but I guess I learned to laugh with the other parents and realize that he's just a kid and the #1 rule of little league is "have fun" -- I suppose it applies even if that fun is laying in the dirt.
During the last game he went so far as to take off his shirt and lay completely flat using his glove as a pillow and take a nap while he was playing outfield.

What a boy!

5 comments:

Anna M said...

I love the photo sitting on the grass waiting. Fun memories. Congratulations to Dave on finishing a marathon in great time! No need to be smiling at the end; it really does hurt everywhere by then.

Ashley said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That really is HILARIOUS - especially the shirt off, nap part. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I am Laura said...

Great pics! Love them all.

Joseph & Tracy Larsen said...

those are precious pictures!

Em said...

Seriously hilarious. That Calvin is always one to bring great entertainment.