Friday, June 26, 2009

love the beach



this morning we took an early beach trip. I think that this ( going to the beach first thing in the morning) will be my summer tradition this year because we beat the crowds and beat the sun and then we can come home and eat lunch and shower and start our day. I'm not really a big fan of sun on the skin of me or my kids.

I know it's bad as a parent to have favorites but I do have one. Alexey. I'm sure she'll grow out of it so I do think it is okay to say that right now she is my favorite. no contest. Just like I was the favorite of my parents (ha ha. jk bros)!

look at those curls. they are adorable.

she is always covered with bumps and bruises so I never have a perfect picture of her.

Calvin made a rock collection.

Clare played in the sand and made a silly face when I asked her to smile.

We enjoyed about and hour and a half of happiness before we had any meltdowns. That is about 87 minutes longer than we can go without a meltdown anywhere else. :)

4 comments:

Scott said...

You're still the favorite! Look where you live. I guess it means you keep the grandkids close.

I am Laura said...

looks fun. I would opt for mornings too.

I am Laura said...

looks fun. I would opt for mornings too.

lisa h. said...

have you taken the dog to the beach yet? haha...i was thinking the other day how nolan is my fav...but he can't talk yet.