Monday, March 9, 2009

star wars


The kids have really been into star wars. All the time they play star wars and like to watch it too! I hadn’t realized ‘til this week what great appeal it would have for both the kids. Calvin loves it for all the same reasons all boys love it….great characters to imitate, fighting with light sabers, etc. And, I was surpirsed to learn how much clare likes it...she gets really into it because there is a PRINCESS!!! Ha ha. Princess Leia. She calls her princess “e-ah”. Tonight she told Dave, “let’s play star wars. I’ll be princess e-ah. you be han solo. …… and you will love me.” Seriously got a kick out of that! I don't think she's picked up on that watching the few minutes she has seen but I am guessing that Calvin told her about it.
Calvin and Dave watched The Empire Strikes back a few days ago. When it was done calvin told Dave "there were 3 parts I didn't like. 1. when Han Solo gets frozen. That was sad. 2. when darth vader says luke I am your father. 3. when luke gets his hand cut off."

3 comments:

Scott said...

Star Wars: some great timeless movies (Episodes IV-VI--the ones George Lucas didn't direct). Glad your kids like watching them. Lance likes them too - and Empire Strikes Back is his favorite too.

Emilee said...

I'm glad Calvin enumerated the un-likeable parts of Star Wars. That was cute.

lisa h. said...

evan & calder play star wars too. we haven't let evan watch the movies yet. he even told me the other day how he was playing clone wars! that is really cute what clare told dave!