Friday, March 27, 2009

a fun getting to know you survey

1. I love babies.... Alexey just had her birthday so she is on my mind. Babies are wonderful. I would have a hundred of them if they didn’t grow up and become difficult and if pregnancy didn’t cause morning sickness and if delivery didn’t cause permanent damage to my body. I am still going to have more … just not 100!
2. I fear that I will not teach my children all they need to know.
3. I crave ice cream.
4. I dislike eggplant and fish though I wish I liked them both.
5. I honor service men and women. I am so thankful for them past and present.
6. I discontinue(d) swearing when Calvin said a bad word as a toddler.
7. I require a lot of sleep. Dave and I often go to bed at the same time and then I get up about 3 hours later than him.
8. I refuse to wash Tupperware that dave takes to work and then brings home one week later. (there is still one in the sink that he brought home 2 days ago from a lunch I packed last Sunday. So not cool.) If they sit there too long I through them away.
9. I think hugs from children make my day so much brighter.
10. I perceive hypocrisy in myself sometimes and don’t like that.
11. I disengage my cable now that football season is over…and don’t’ tell Dave but I’m not signing up for it for next year.
12. I reject most TV shows.
13. I loathe indoor workouts. But I do them anyway sometimes b/c I loathe being fat even more.
14. I worry too much. one day I let Dave in on my head full of worries. His reply, “man, I couldn’t sleep if that’s what I thought about when I go to bed. I have to think happy thoughts.” I agree 100%. That is why he is asleep within 2 minutes of going to bed and I stay up for a while longer.
15. I enjoy sports tremendously. I love playing sports and also enjoy competition.
16. I contemplate getting a dog. A lot. I want a Rhodesian ridgeback. I have been thinking about it for 2 years --- ever since we moved to SD. I want family friendly dog but also a protective breed to help me feel more safe at home alone. here is a pic of a puppy and aduld rr dog (both taken from http://www.oakhurstrr.com/).

17. I cherish a good book and am always looking for something great. I am bugged when I read something that is not worth my time.
18. I pray for safety for Dave traveling the busy roads when he is sleep deprived.
19. I value my testimony of Jesus Christ and membership in His church.
20. I instigate bookclub, girls night out, and playgroup.
21. I mock using bailout $$ to pay for bonuses. Give me a break.
22. I regard a clean house as simply wonderful!
23. I struggle to be organized and to keep my house clean.
24. I respect Dave’s ability to work so hard. I know I couldn’t do it.
25. I wonder what my children will be like when they grow up. (and hope it is something good).
26. I look forward to watching Dave run a marathon in May.
27. I treasure those sweet moments when the kids are nice to each other and we are together. It is important to treasure these moments because they are often fleeting!

8 comments:

Heather said...

This was a great peek into your world. Thanks for sharing. Mine will be up soon.

lisa h. said...

great list. i wish i loathed being fat more!

Ashley said...

I enjoyed reading that. :)

Melissa said...

It is so fun learning more about you. That will be fun if you guys end up getting a puppy. You should watch Marley and Me.

Em said...

I so was not expecting #6 to come from you but it gives me hope. I'll admit that I enjoy a good cuss word on occasion- but I'm much improved than before and there's more incentive to stop with kids around!

Laurie said...

Great stuff! A reminder of why I fell in love with you when we were freshmen--we think alike in many ways.

Laughed at the tupperware comment because I COULD NOT STAND when Curtis would do that in dental school. Do you know what remnants of chimichanga smell like after being left in a backpack for a week?!

bhp said...

I totally agree with the tupperware issue! I make Ben wash them out if they are a week old :)

Kellie said...

I love you! What wonderful thoughts.