Saturday, August 16, 2008

things I love




~The sound of the washing machine running. {Dave and a friend from church moved it from the dining room back to the laundry room and hooked it up last night}

~Calvin wearing his patch and watching sat. morning cartoons.

~Sat. morning sleeping in. Calvin got up at 7. Clare at 8. Alexey 8:30.

~School starts on Tues. Calvin is super excited and I am too. He'll love it.

~R&M Construction. The construction company I hired have been great so far. They are easy to work with, nice, and on time for phone calls and appointments. We have to order the windows since they are not just the regular 4x4 windows for our little remodel and that will take 2 weeks. So, for the next two weeks there won't be much going on except I need to choose paint and tile for the kitchen. My hope and prediction based on what everyone has told me is that our house will be all done by the end of September. Just in time to get fumigated during Dave's week off. It might work out just right and we can spend some of that week getting put back together and organized. The reason we picked that week in October is so Dave is for sure off and can go to the Miramar air show (to see the Blue Angels fly) with us the first weekend in Oct. We are pretty much functional with the floor in the kitchen looking like this and all of our furniture piled into one room.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is great that your washing machine is all hooked up. Man you guys are sure going through some crazy stuff, uh? That is GREAT news that Calvin is starting school this next week. Isaac doesn't start until Sept. 2nd. But He and I can not wait :-)

lisa h. said...

i love clare's headband!

Melissa said...

So there is some light at the end of the tunnel :)

So happy for Calvin to start school... I can't believe all of you are having kindergartners..