Saturday, August 23, 2008

quirky kids


-Clare loves to go pee in the pool. I know she holds it until we get to the pool and then run in and go pee first thing.

-A few days ago she said "mom, I need to go potty" I didn't see where she went but a few minutes later I found her outside peeing in the bushes. (doesn't this sound like boy behavior to you?) (she has been great at potty training and never has accidents but it seems like some of her planned potty breaks are a little ummmm unique)!

-Calvin does not like underwear. Actually, I think he does like underwear but he is too lazy to put it on when it is his choice. I have been trying to enforce the underwear thing lately because I do think he should wear it to school.

-The kids think it is THE FUNNEST thing in the world to go skinny dipping.

-Calvin won't eat dinner unless it is in a plastic bag. He has always preferred to snack rather than eat a meal. I have learned to call everything snack, even if it is lunch or dinner. Some of his favorite plastic bag meals are plain pasta, apple slices, crackers, cheese, cereal...

-The kids can go through a big costco sized box of tube yogurt in 2 days. (32 yogurts)

**I should add that these children aren't completely parent-less and this stuff doesn't happen all the time..just funny little things I've seen over the last couple of weeks i'm putting all together here!

8 comments:

lisa h. said...

what's going on in that house!? hehe...well all i can say is calder can bark like a dog for nearly an hour straight and gesture for things she wants and never breaking her "silence" - we miss you!

I am Laura said...

oh my I am glad my kids aren't the only ones who do crazy things. I love that they want to go skinny dipping. Oh the freedom of childhood.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Fun stories! Kids are so great!

Natasha said...

I love that you documented and shared these quirky things about your kids!

Deanne said...

Um, not sure I want to take a dip in your pool anytime soon, at least not when Clare has gotten there first! :) hee hee

Johnson Fam said...

Love to see the kids are thriving and having lots of fun. Miss you!

Kids,Cookies and more of the same said...

Yeah, I was going to say what Deanne said..no more pool time at your house anytime soon ;-)
Wish we could be kids again (sometimes).

Laurie said...

Those are all too funny! And many of your observations sounded suspiciously like other children I know...

p.s. I say, as long as he's eating, the food can be served on a garbage can lid, for all I care! (Can you tell we've been struggling with mealtimes lately?)