I did sneak a picture of Calvin on the first day even thought he didn't want one. Maybe sometime in the next week or so he'll smile and take a nice back to school photo. He had wanted to make a hat that morning ... so we did.
For most of the summer Calvin has been getting up around 6. Maybe a little earlier but most days I didn't hear him until around 6. Since school started he has been getting up at 4:30 again. This is so lame! I don't even let him sit down when he gets home from school for fear he'll take a nap and then for some reason he is getting up extra early. He hasn't done that for months. Hopefully it's just nerves or excitement of the new school year and he'll do a little better.
He does like school and does well there. He has the same teacher that my brother (Uncle Dan) had in Kindergarten.
One of my friends bribed him with a fun treasure hunt if he'd wear his patch all week. He seems to think that is pretty cool and did wear it quite a bit at school. So sometime this weekend he'll get to do a pirate tresure hunt with a map and everything. It was nice of my friend to come up with this good idea. She will do it again next week if he wears his patch next week as well. She is actually going to bury a treasure in her backyard and make him a map. Pretty neat!
7 comments:
You have an awesome friend there. I hope Calvin keeps it up so he gets to do the treasure hunt. I am sorry he wakes up so early. We have the opposite problem at our house and I can't get my kids up in time for school. I think I like my problem better.
that's great about the treasure hunt. it makes such a difference when someone besides mom is doing the bribing! i guess you'll need someone to bribe him into sleeping longer now...hopefully he was just excited. i could barely sleep the night before evan went to school!
I am so glad that Calvin likes school so much. He look so cute in this picture. What a super nice friend to help you out with his eye patch bribing.
What a great idea and a great friend you have!! I hope it keeps working for you guys!
I think that is so neat that your friend would do that for Calvin! Let's hope that it works as an encouragement for him! :)
Nice friend! Maybe she can include waking up later AND a treasure hunt...?
That's such a sweet friend. And you know, I've been hearing about all sorts of odd back-to-school reactions from kids this past week. Hopefully Calvin's early habits will return to dormancy soon.
Post a Comment