It would take way too much time to catch up on what's going on but for the few who have been on the phone here are pics of the kitchen window area. Accepting a bid tomorrow morning and hoping they can start work ASAP.
It's like "if you give a mouse a cookie...." here it goes.
If you have a water leak it will get the wood floor wet.
Then, someone will suggest calling the insurance and filing a claim.
If you file a claim, the insurance will send service master to dry the wet spots.
If they need to dry wet spots they will tear up baseboards, drill holes in the wall. If you drill holes in the wall and tear up baseboards you will find mold.
Since you have mold, it is from a leak.
You decide to fix the leak which of course involves tearing out a wall, a ceiling and some windows.
When you hire someone to remove the mold they will see termite damage.
.....to be continued.
7 comments:
Oh, I love the story "If you give a mouse a cookie" but I wouldn't want to be living it. Hang in there!
Good analogy!!!Funny too! sorry...
oh, so sorry Denise! You have your hands full. Won't you be glad when this is all over?
I've been there. I know you're pain. The story is a great example of what home repair/remodel is like. Very apropos.
I'd like say something like 'at least it's not *fill in the blank*', but I won't. It doesn't matter anyway, it wouldn't change the hassle and trouble it all is. But I will suggest not watching the movie The Money Pit during this time. It won't be funny to you, maybe when it's all done, and even then...wait a year or so. :)
Oh, Denise!! I'm so sorry to read about what you are going through! I wish I was closer to help babysit or something!
oh dear...how are you paying for all this!!?!? sounds like what my parents are doing right now...need house painted...painters say wood trim on house is rotting...find holes around trim near roof...need new roof....
so calder is going to start speach therapy in a few months...i'll have to talk to you more...
What a nightmare!
Post a Comment