In my church a person can be asked to help by doing a specific job at church. Some are asked to teach classes, others do secreterial duties such as record keeping, others oversee an entire organization such as the youth. I used to be the secretary in primary. It was a great calling. I loved interacting with the other members of the presidency and I also loved being in primary. Children are darling. Another great thing about this calling is that it is pretty easy....take roll, pass out talks, help with routy or crying kids, make copies, etc. etc.
This week I got called to be the laurel advisor. Basically this is a job to teach, love and hang out with the 16-18 year old girls. I am very excited! It will be fun. I am also overwhelmed thinking I don't really know any more than a 16 year old. It will be more time intensive becuase there will be activites during the week and I will prepare lessons for the sunday meeting. It will be great!
Calvin is doing well at school, having a good time and surviving the full day. He is happy.
8 comments:
fun! it will keep you busy for sure. do you have lots of young women?
I'm sure you'll do great! YW callings still scare me. Not sure why. Maybe fear of the unknown. I got called in to meet a member of our bishopric last week and I was worried I was going to be needed in YW. Luckily I just got released from my piano calling. Whew! That was easy!
Those girls are gonna love you! Good luck figuring out what to do with your kiddos on mutual nights...
Thanks for filling us in...you'll do great!!
Wow, big calling! Should be fun to hang out with girls that age and who knows, maybe you can find some good babysitters once you get to know the girls well.
You got my dream calling! No joke, I could just be put there and stay forever. Good luck with it, I know you (and they!) will have a great time.
How fun I was laurel advisor a while ago and loved it! I also liked the pirate treasure hunt Calvin did that is a great idea and I hope it keeps working kudos to your friend Jill!
Thats awesome. I am sure you will do great!! We had a lot of fun in YW and had great leaders, I am sure that will help. I would be so excited to have you as a teacher. Should be fun.
Post a Comment