Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mom is a slow learner - updated


same scissors
same culprit
same cute grin


I tried giving him a haircut but it just looked worse so we decided to go with a summer buzz. Now he looks hilarous! My brothers always had a buzz in the summer and I love the idea, but we've never done it with Calvin becuase 1. Dave is a haircutting nazi and is opposed to all hair cuts (yes, even on boys) and 2. becuase Calvin has a scar going from ear to ear across his head from a surgery when he was a baby. The scar is hidden under longer hair but will show up if his hair is too short (anything shorter than about a #4 on the buzzers. today I buzzed him with a #2) I figure that by August it'll be long enough to give him a decent looking haircut in time to start school!

12 comments:

Johnson Fam said...

oh my gosh! Clare's you could hardly tell especially after her cute bob but Calvin's...oh!

Melissa said...

maybe Calvin has a future in the hair business? Maybe he will end up getting a buzz cut for the summer, eh?

vanessa said...

CALVIN!!! :) Lock those scissors up!

Malinovka said...

At least Calvin's scar is super cool. :) And at least a boy doesn't look funny with a buzz--I'm so glad you didn't have to do that with Clare!!!

Natasha said...

That boy sure keeps you on your toes! Maybe they all do! : )

I am Laura said...

No no no. I feel so bad for you. I hope this doesn't happen to me. I put all my scissors away, but if I get them out it sometimes takes a few days to put them back so it can happen to all of us. I actually like the buzz, he looks so much older to me with it. The scar doesn't look bad, but be sure to put sunscreen on it. I don't think you want a scar to get too much sun.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Hilarious! glad you took some pictures to remember it.

Jessica said...

So funny!! :-) Every child has to do it once in their life time. He does look cute with a buzz hair cut.

Chris and Reba said...

Calvin definitely beats Harry Potter for having the coolest scar ever.

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Way to go Clavin! I love a summer buzz though--feels so cool.

Laurie said...

Clare's bob is ultra cute, and I really like the buzz! We are fans of the buzz around here--low maintence,and it seems to cure them of the desire to cut their own hair...oh yes, we've done that at our house too.

Thany said...

HE DID NOT!!!!!!!!!
Oh my gosh, that kid.
Thankfully the buzz looks good on him!

How did you maintain your cool with THAT one?!