Yesterday we went to the beach. We went to a different beach than usual so that there would be a playground there. It was a beautiful afternoon.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Lessons from an amazing visiting teacher
Nope, not me! Yesterday morning my visiting teacher called to see what plans I had for my kids while I am in the hospital and then afterwards when I'll need a little help as well. I have been slowly lining up babysitters/helpers as people have offered and so far had Monday and Tuesday covered -- which wouldn't even get me home from the hospital! Many people have offered to help but it's usually in a quick minute at church our out and about so it's been hard to get it on a calendar. Anyway, she offered to make a few calls to help me get things lined up. By the time I went to bed I had an email from her with babysitters/helpers lined up for a few hours every morning for a week and a half along with meals every evening. I was amazed. She had accomplished in one afternoon what I'd been trying to put together for weeks (but it's hard to ask for help sometimes) and I figured I'd survive as long as I had people to watch the kids while I was in the hospital. Anyway, I am so grateful to her and those who offered to help -- it will make the first couple of weeks a little less crazy. One of the girls I visit teach is due to have a baby this summer so now I know a little better how to be helpful to her.
Yesterday we went to the beach. We went to a different beach than usual so that there would be a playground there. It was a beautiful afternoon.




Yesterday we went to the beach. We went to a different beach than usual so that there would be a playground there. It was a beautiful afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
oh, that is fantastic! best thing she could do. it is hard to do it yourself and call people. i'm glad you'll have some time to adjust without dealing with all 3 at first!
I am so glad you are being taken care of. I love your last picture on this post. It needs to be framed. I am jealous that you just go to the beach to play on a playground. It looks so lovely. I thought your baby was due on Sunday so I kept watching for announcements over the weekend. I guess you have a few more days. Good Luck!! I am excited for you
Just wanted to wish you good luck!!! Congrats and try to enjoy some of it :) Can't wait for pictures...
I love to see those sunny day pictures! I hope everything goes well with the birth!
p.s. I made your jello cake, yumm!
glad you got some people lined up to help you. It will help you get a little more R & R when baby is asleep. Hope all goes well Monday, we are thinking of you!
I'm glad your VT is so wonderful, especially as my ward really lacked in helping me out...no meals, no babysitting, nothing. It was pretty sad & I really needed some help too. Best of luck! Can't wait to hear the wonderful news and see your little baby.
I am so glad you have great VT! It is payback for the great VT you've always been! We will be thinking about you next week! Good luck and lots of love
Post a Comment