This has been a crazy week. We have taken an unwanted vacation from laundry, cooking, cleaning, showers and all other things that require water usage in the house due to a MAJOR plumbing problem. I'll spare you the details but it has been kind of crazy. Especially not being able to clean (after having company for a week and expecting a baby next week). Oh, the phone just rang and they are on the way to fix it. Yeah! I don't think we could have made it another day! We have been waiting for a pump to get ordered since last Saturday when it broke. The kids have had a good time going to Bob and Kari's house to take a bath with Shi (my 10 year old sister) and her 3 dozen barbies but I do think it has taken a toll on them because we're all starving and thirsty most of the time but try to stay out of the kitchen. Okay, enough complaining. It really hasn't been that bad but has made us appreciate what an important part of life water is. Maybe even more important than electricity because without water you can't use any of your electrical appliances anyway!
Yesterday Dave got home in the afternoon (not post call ) so we went to Lake Poway to ride a pedal boat. Clare and I opted out but Calvin and Dave had a good time.

Clare and I went to feed the ducks and play on the playground.

5 months ago were the terrible wildfires that passed through our area. When we came back many of the hillsides that are normally covered with brush were black and looked like charcoal. Now the hills are bright with beautiful flowers and grass -- more than I've ever seen before. The fires cleared out all the brush and then a pretty wet winter brought on the most beautiful spring ever. Someone said, "5 months ago these hills were ablaze with fire and now they're ablaze with flowers." It is beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice but you might be able to see some of the yellow, orange and purple flowers beside the green grass. The usually ground cover (brush) is brown and green, but not bright spring green as we are having this year!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, like you need one more thing to think about while minutes away from having a baby! I'd forgotten you were due so soon! Good luck with everything. I LOVE checking you blog to see what time Calvin woke up that morning. It's truly like nothing I've ever heard of.
whoa...what a nightmare. nice to have family near so you could shower!
Post a Comment