Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's always fun when grandpa comes . . .

Dave's parents - Grandpa Dan and Grandma Linda stopped by yesterday for a visit. We went to the playground so calvin could show off his new bike and so we could get some wiggles out. Dave and I enjoyed watching grandpa chase the kids around the playground (usually our job) and were glad to see they warmed up to G & G so fast.

Grandpa has been doing a lot of woodworking projects lately and he brought these two puzzles that he made for the kids! Pretty impressive! I thought they were great. Calvin's is a little bigger than a regular piece of paper and it's pretty challenging. It took me 15 minutes to figure out. He cut out some pieces in the shape of C-A-L-V-I-N, which was really fun. Grandma colored/drew the picture.



And, after just one day, Clare now knows all the letters in her name and has mastered her little puzzle. It is just the right size and complexity for a 2 year old!

3 comments:

lisa h. said...

what a great gift! those are so wonderful!

Unknown said...

Those are so neat! I love grandparents and their talents.

Heather said...

What a skill to have - woodworking. The puzzles look awesome!